Friday, May 05, 2006

Tuesday May 2, 2006



BILLY LANG BREAKS THE H-TOWN CURSE!

My dad and I have been hunting a piece of property in Henrietta, NY for a bunch of years, tangling with multiple gobblers every year. The first time I scouted I had 5 mature longbeards shoulder to shoulder within gun range. However, we have never been able to drop the hammer on a redhead on this property. Dad came close yesterday, but did the smart thing and waited for a clear shot, which never came. He saw numerous jakes and three longbeards. Due to obligations at work he couldn't hunt this morning, and Bill was on his own to try and get one. Well, I was driving to my jobsite just after sunrise when the phone rang. Sure enough, I heard a panting, excited Bill. Bird down! Bird down! He had the longbeards within eyesight, just not shootable. However, moments later a lonely jake came yelping his way in the backdoor. Luckily, Bill was on watch and called him in the rest of the way and knocked his head off! Congrats to Bill, we all know it isn't easy to get birds in H-Town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home