Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I finally got some bowhunting time in. I hunted tuesday morning for a few hours and didn't see anything at the farm around the corner from my house. I did however go looking for clues as to what all the deer where doing that I was watching in the preseason. They stopped coming into the field I can hunt when they moved all the cows back in to the field. I suspected that they were still coming off the ridge in the same spot and just paralleling the field to a neighboring field. Well, sure enough, I found a staging area full of rubs and heavily used trails. In the afternoon I hunted the spot where I shot my nice 8pt last year with my bow. I passed up a 1.5yr doe with two fawns. The doe was really small, it's not that I'm above shooting a doe. My next opportunity to hunt will be on Sat. The 14th. I will post that story later.
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home